It’s the season of mangoes and it’s the season of ice creams. The combination of two favourites of the season is just awesome. A recipe that lets you enjoy mango at its best.
2 ripe mangoes
250 gm fresh cream
5 tbsp powdered sugar
a few drops yellow colour
1 tsp gelatin
* Blend mangoes to a puree in a mixer to get about 2 cups puree.
* Soak gelatin in 1 tbsp water.
* Cook on low heat till it dissolves.
* Add gelatine to mango puree and mix well.
* Whip chilled cream with powdered sugar till thick.
* Add mango puree and mix well. Add colour if required. Check sugar.
* Transfer to an ice cream box. Cover with a plastic sheet (cling wrap) and then with the lid. Freeze overnight or till firm.